In response to COVID-19, employees have the ability to telework, or work outside of the college campuses. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is working as quickly as possible to prepare staff and faculty for the use of telework tools – Zoom, VPN, Remote Desktop, Softphones, Kaltura Mediaspace – as well as other business applications – Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive). Take a moment to review the FAQs.
- I have a desktop at work, how do I work from home?
- What are “telework” tools?
- How do I know if I need “telework” tools?
- How do I get “telework” tools on my computer?
- Is there training? How do I sign up?
- How can I access my Home & Shared drives remotely?
- How do I sign into OneDrive?
- How do I access Microsoft Teams?
- Can I access wifi outside the campus?
Telework Tool – Zoom
- What is Zoom?
- Who has access to Zoom?
- How do I Join a Zoom meeting?
- How do I host a Zoom meeting?
- How can I get help to use Zoom in my classroom or meeting?
- What is the difference between a Meeting and Webinar?
- What is proper etiquette for online meetings?
- What is “Zoombombing.” and how can I secure my meeting?
- How can I create and manage breakout rooms in Zoom?
- What option do I select if prompted for Zoom login?
- How can I set a virtual background?
- How do I set my Anoka Ramsey virtual background?
- Are my Zoom recordings password protected, and how can I change the settings?
Telework – Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- What is VPN and when do I need it?
- How can I get access to VPN?
- What is the difference between the VPN Client and Web?
- If I have VPN, how do I connect and access it?
Telework – Softphone/Jabber
- What is a softphone/Jabber and how do I use it?
- How can I get access to Jabber?
- How do I disable video in Jabber?
Teaching and Learning