Anoka-Ramsey Community College is revamping the way Star Alert (college emergency and weather-related messaging notification system) registrations occur. We are moving from an Opt-In (self-registration) to an Opt-Out (auto-registration) process.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will be purging current registrations by October 7, 2019 and auto-registering current students, faculty and staff into the Star Alert system.
If you are external to ARCC (parent of a student, contract employee, etc.), you will need to re-register into the StarAlert portal on or after October 7, 2019.
Instructions to re-register will be made available on Tuesday, October 8, 2019.
The Office of Information Technology is pleased to share the following information regarding the Office 365 Shared Tenant migration.
- Use STARID@minnstate.edu (employee) or STARID@go.minnstate.edu (student) along with your STARID password to access email and other online resources.
- Use WebMail (https://login.microsoft.com) to quickly access to your email.
- If you auto-saved your old credentials in your browser, you will need to “forget” those credentials.
- Review the How-to’s to configure OUTLOOK or your ANDROID or iOS device.
- For more information on How-to guides, click here.
- Verify your default email address by navigating to https://starid.minnstate.edu, entering your STARID and STARID password, and choose Office 365 Contact. If you have multiple affiliations, you can select your default address.
- If there are any changes to your name and/or email, contact HR if you are an employee, or RECORDS if you are a student.
- Any legal name changes must have accompanying documentation.
- Any documents (new or edited) between Friday, June 7 and Monday, June 17 can be moved back to ONEDRIVE.
Note: D2L, eServices and other non-Microsoft related applications were unaffected by the migration project.
of Information Technology (OIT) is pleased to share the following reminders for
the Migration Weekend, beginning 6:00 PM, Friday, June 14.
preparation for the migration weekend, please do the following:
- Make backups of any Outlook personalization, like Signatures and Rules
- Export personal contact lists or users
- If you the owner of a shared account, please backup your files and/or settings
**For more information, review the Outlook Pre-Migration Tasks**
**Note: Calendar items updated on Friday, June 14 may not be copied. Please limit CALENDAR changes or keep separate notes for Friday.**
If you work
with students during the summer or teach courses, please remind your students:
- D2L, eServices, and installed version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) are available
- Online versions of Microsoft Office will not be available
- Email to/from college-provided accounts (@anokaramsey.edu, @my.anokaramsey.edu) will not be delivered/sent until the migration is complete
**For more information, review the Pre-Migration and During Migration FAQs**
Outlook and other Microsoft-related sites/applications will use STARID@MINNSTATE.EDU (staff/faculty) or STARID@GO.MINNSTATE.EDU (students)
beginning Monday, June 17.
Desk team members will update employee’s Outlook client beginning Monday, June
17. In the meantime, you can access your email via WebMail (https://login.microsoft.com) or via the
EMAIL drop-down option from the college homepage.
**For more information, review the Post-Migration FAQs**
Please contact the Service Desk if you have any questions
regarding any information provided for the Office 365 Migration project.
preparation for the Office 365 transition, documents within OneDrive,
SharePoint and Teams will be migrated to the new shared tenant. Your
current OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams files will be copied to the new tenant
which will require a FREEZE, beginning 6:00 PM, Friday, June 7, 2019.
made to OneDrive, SharePoint, and/or Teams saved documents during this
window will NOT be automatically copied to the new tenant.
continue to access documents in OneDrive; however, if you need to edit or
create new documents during the migration window, please copy/save the files to
your desktop, removable drive, or network drive (like H:, N:, S:, etc.).
Your new and updated files can be copied back to OneDrive after the
migration is complete (6:00 AM, Monday, June 17, 2019). Documents
currently in any shared drive (H:, N:, S:) will not be affected by the
OneDrive, SharePoint or Teams FREEZE.
- Teams conversations will not be migrated to the new tenant; Channels, Files, and Membership will be copied
- Intranet content owners – Changes to the Intranet site will not be copied to the new tenant during the freeze window. Apply changes before 6:00 PM, Friday, June 7 or after 6:00 AM, Monday, June 17.
For more information, check out the OneDrive FAQ and other How-To Guides.
Please contact the Service Desk if you have any questions regarding the FREEZE or Office 365 Migration project.