of Information Technology (OIT) is pleased to share the following reminders for
the Migration Weekend, beginning 6:00 PM, Friday, June 14.
preparation for the migration weekend, please do the following:
- Make backups of any Outlook personalization, like Signatures and Rules
- Export personal contact lists or users
- If you the owner of a shared account, please backup your files and/or settings
**For more information, review the Outlook Pre-Migration Tasks**
**Note: Calendar items updated on Friday, June 14 may not be copied. Please limit CALENDAR changes or keep separate notes for Friday.**
If you work
with students during the summer or teach courses, please remind your students:
- D2L, eServices, and installed version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc) are available
- Online versions of Microsoft Office will not be available
- Email to/from college-provided accounts (@anokaramsey.edu, @my.anokaramsey.edu) will not be delivered/sent until the migration is complete
**For more information, review the Pre-Migration and During Migration FAQs**
Outlook and other Microsoft-related sites/applications will use STARID@MINNSTATE.EDU (staff/faculty) or STARID@GO.MINNSTATE.EDU (students)
beginning Monday, June 17.
Desk team members will update employee’s Outlook client beginning Monday, June
17. In the meantime, you can access your email via WebMail (https://login.microsoft.com) or via the
EMAIL drop-down option from the college homepage.
**For more information, review the Post-Migration FAQs**
Please contact the Service Desk if you have any questions
regarding any information provided for the Office 365 Migration project.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is pleased to
share the following information regarding email accounts and the Office 365
Shared Tenant (migration will begin Friday, June 14 at 6:00 PM).
On Monday, June 17, 2019, students and employees will continue to use their current email address; however…
Students will be assigned a new secondary email address based on the MinnState email rules. Both addresses will route to the same mailbox.
Employees may be assigned a new secondary email address, if there are multiple people with the same name. The addresses will route to the same mailbox.
|You will keep your current email address: |
|Your current email address will not change:|
|Your new secondary email address will be: |
|Your new secondary email address will be provisioned ONLY if there are multiple people with the same name.|
*If there are multiple people with the same name, you will have a dot and number after your name.
Your default email address will be your current email address.
Employees will NOT have to change business cards or other signature pages to reflect the new email address.
You will keep the same email address for the entirety of your employment and/or enrollment with Anoka-Ramsey Community College.
Click here for more detailed instructions.
IMPORTANT NOTE: StarID and password will remain the same.
This change does not affect computer logins or applications other than Office 365.
Stay tuned for more information and details. Don’t forget to check out ARCC Tech News for updates!
Anoka-Ramsey Community College is migrating the
college-based Office 365 (O365) system to the Minnesota State O365 system, June
15 – 16, 2019. The Office of Information Technology (OIT) will share
additional details regarding the migration via email and website, ARCC Tech News.
The shared system model will create a consistent experience
across MinnState institutions for all students, faculty, and staff. Once
the migration is complete, you will use one account to access Office 365
applications and resources.
- Your current campus email address will continue to work and will be used to send campus-related information and news
- You will be able to continue to forward (or push) your campus email address to a personal account like Gmail, Yahoo, etc.
- You will receive a new sign-on address which can be used to link to shared resources (SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.) and log into Office 365 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) across any MinnState college or university
Stay tuned for more information and details. Don’t
forget to check out ARCC Tech News for